Soundtrack: Finally Choosing the song!

  Choosing a song to put in my film was probably the most difficult decision I've had to make this year. The first thing I did was make a list of all the artists I like. Secondly, I crossed out the artist whose catalog has a lot of explicit music. Some of the artists I crossed out were Lil Durk, Future, Lil Baby and Glorilla. I will say I did leave on a few songs by Drake such as one dance and from Florida with love. I also watched H.E.R and SZA because they have good music, but I'm looking for something upbeat. I don’t want anything slow or soft because its not something I would listen to while walking home from school. Plus, I feel like a more upbeat music choice would get the audience ready for the suspense or leave them oblivious to what happens next.  

Actually my first option for a song was called “Lit "by Jcole but the part I want to use has a lot of explicit words. Since there was a lot of cursing my plan was to use an instrumental but I can’t find the originals anywhere. I only see remakes of the beat, yet they don’t have the same upbeat vibe to it. Since those options are gone, I went to YouTube and searched for royalty free music. I came across tons of playlists and regular videos, I listened to about 8 different songs until I found this “Gherbo type beat”. This immediately captured my attention, I listened to it 3 times and it's good. It reminds me of Kendrick Lamar intro with my guess of a lady singing in the background. I recorded the song from 0.17 seconds until 0:35 seconds because that was my favorite part. Since I choose my song last, I just need to add it to the clip. It was a little longer than I imagined it to be, so I had to trim a few seconds of the song. I aligned it with the clip of me listening to music in the beginning and ended it before it bled onto te next scene. I finished the song off with a fade, so it could be like I turned down the volume of my headphones instead of the song coming to a stop. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS3jpfhXq7c&list=PLhuiOWqqyzbcdAphgJvrAneBaCg1-2yEH&index=65 



Comments