Re-Editing Blog: Title sequence

  When I had my cousin review my film, she said my title designs were rancid. I even had somebody else also take a look at them and they weren’t feeling the design. The most common thing they said was that it looked out of place, maybe it was the color or maybe it was the design itself. Anyways, I decided to re – edit the title sequence on Capcut instead of using iMovie. I will admit that iMovie limited my options compared to Capcut’s options. On iMovie I only had 2 places to place the title, and that was in the center or on the bottom right/left. On Capcut I could freely move the text, I even had a plethora of font options and styles to choose from even without having pro.  

I saved the video from iMovie then uploaded it to Capcut so I could edit it there. I struggled to do this step even though it kept saying it was exported to capcut, it wasn't showing up. Once I finally got the film to export onto Capcut, I put plain titles on each scene so I can see what style and font I want to use. Firstly, I started with the actual name of the movie, because to me that's the most important part. I decided to use the same font, but instead add orange with red in the background. The reason for these colors is because the antagonist wears a teal, orange and red hat which will have more of an affect later in the movie. I copied and pasted that title onto the other slides but I sized them down and put them on the bottom, and then changed each one to fit. I added a fade animation to them, both fade in and fade out so it wouldn’t be so sudden. I wanted to have a blue color but its already too much blue from the sky and plus it would clash with the green grass. 

Next, I went on to re-add my music, since it didn’t export along with the video for some reason. Thats much better for me because on Capcut it allowed me to add a fade into the music, and a fade out of the music. Honestly Capcut is so much better for editing and adding details. While iMovie is so much easier to navigate especially if you are a beginner, it doesn’t have clutter on the bottom, plus it automatically fades the scenes in between. 



 

Comments