Peer Review Blog

  For my peer review, I had my cousin Ra’nayah watch my video and analyze it. First, I gave her a basic overview of some of the camera angles. I even showed her pictures and examples of different angles, so she knows what to look for in my film. I wrote down all the angles that I needed to implement into my video so she could have a checklist and keep track. Secondly, I explained what my movie was about and what she could expect. I didn’t give her too many details because I wanted to see if she could get the gist of the movie without me explaining too much. I didn’t tell her who was in the video, so the bias could be down to the minimum. 

Ra’nayah and I went to my room to watch the video. I mirrored the video from my phone to my TV so the viewing screen could be bigger, and the sound could be louder. I allowed her to watch the film 3 times since the video wasn’t that long. During her first watch, I left the room because I wanted pure honesty even if it was harsh. Then I allowed her to critique my film freely without me interrupting. Ra’nayah told me that my opening scenes, establishing shots were a little shaky probably because my arms were shaking from being so high up. Next, she told me that the music could be a little louder because it was low. She also told me that my title slides were horrible. Honestly, I can't even say she was wrong because the longer I looked at it, the worse they started to look. 

  The next 2 watches I stayed in the room and tried to explain my thinking for the scene. Although I could admit she was right about the music being low because I could barely hear it, even though I turned the TV volume up. I didn’t see the camera shaking until the final viewing, even though I’ve watched the video many times before her. I’m glad she mentioned that because I would have never noticed it, after we watched the film, she helped me reshoot the establishing shot and watched it again to make sure the camera was steady. She even applauded everybody’s acting and said it was really good especially the kids. Even after the 2 watches the titles scenes were still bad, so I made a note to re-edit some stuff in my film. 



Comments