Re-Filming Blog: 13-20

 Hey, blog I'm back again, this time I'm re-shooting multiple scenes which are 13-20 with the exception of like 2 scens. Those are the scenes with my siblings (children actors). I don’t know what it was but I’ve rewatched these same few seconds of the film almost a million times, and something is very off. I can’t exactly pinpoint it, but nobody else seems to notice it, but I do. I don’t think of myself as a perfectionist, but I’m going to redo these scenes. 

Unfortunately, since I have to redo these scenes, I will be down one person. My brother will no longer in the film because he went out of town with his god mother. My sister will be the only child actor in this scene. Meaning I have to remove my brothers' lines from the scene. I didn’t need to go to the park for this scene since it was mostly grass, so I stayed in my backyard. I got my little sister aka Jane, and we began re-shooting, upon getting outside I realized I needed her to come out from the back of the house, since it's just her now. I didn’t mind because it was just her running. The next scene of just me was fine so I kept it in the sequence and moved onto the next scene of her running closer and yelling, I had her make “exciting happy” noises while running towards the camera.  

For the next scene I had to get one of my parents to film this scene. I told them how to hold the camera, and which way to angle it so a high angle could be implemented into the film. All my dad had to do was press record and stop it once we finished out the scene there is no dialogue in that scene, so it was short. The next scene was supposed to be a 3 shot, but now it's a 2 shot. We had to talk in this scene, and it took a little longer than the rest because we kept messing up, I kept slurring my words and she kept laughing. We eventually got it after a few takes and moved onto the next scene where its more dialogue but a slightly different angle. The last a final scene we had to re-shoot was where she is supposed to run off the screen and then it cuts to the antagonist. This scene was easy, we repeated the process as the scene from the start. 


Me telling my camera man to actually get my face in the frame, but of course he takes a picture instead of a video lol.


Comments